- Explainer videos are popular among marketers because they’re straightforward and easy to create.
- Not only that, but some data shows that they can increase conversion rate by up to 144%
- Explainer videos can boost social engagement, support paid media efforts, and increase web traffic, but only if produced correctly.
- A good explainer video should be short and to the point, focus on benefits (not features), and full of personality.
The internet has now become a chock-a-block place with marketing content. And for most marketers out there, it’s a battle for eyeballs. When today’s customers are constantly bombarded with endless information, it’s time to outsmart the competition by incorporating an advanced strategy.
One of them is explainer video campaigns.
Every savvy marketer must understand that video marketing is huge in the digital field. And explainer videos are one of the best video types they use to stay ahead of the marketing game and achieve their overall marketing goals.
The reason why explainer videos are so popular among marketers is that they are straightforward and easy to create. They also help you to get your brand messages across and attract audiences’ attention in a matter of seconds effortlessly.
What exactly is an explainer video?
Explainer videos are a short-form type of marketing video that are mostly used to highlight a product or service’s benefits and show the customers how they work. As the name suggests, it does a great job of explaining and breaking down complex topics into snackable chunks.
Most businesses add explainer videos on their landing pages, product pages, or feature them on the homepage of their website. According to the stat, this type of video can increase the conversion rate up to 144%.
More often than not, explainer videos rely on animation to make the whole content easy to follow and retain. Here are some popular animations used in explainer videos:
- Whiteboard animation
- Kinetic typography
- Screencast animation
- Classic 2D cartoon animation
Why does your business need an explainer video?
We’ve talked briefly about the perks of having explainer videos for your business. Now, it’s time to get more in-depth. We’ve listed some essential reasons why your business needs to invest in this short yet powerful marketing content.
Boost social media engagement
Since it’s a short and straightforward type of video, explainer videos can help you build a solid social media presence. It’s effective to grab the attention of social media users and engage them instantly.
Of course, all of the engagement also depends on the quality of the content you deliver to them. But, with its story-telling method, explainer videos allow you to convey brand messages engagingly.
Not to mention that explainer videos are also extremely shareable. It only takes a few clicks for the content to be spread like wildfire on different social media platforms.
Bring better results of paid media conversions
Explainer videos show the audience how your product actually works. It helps you to generate trust — which translates to better results of media conversions. After all, your audiences only want to convert to paying customers if they can trust your brand, right?
Therefore, explainer videos can be an ideal medium for your paid advertising campaign. This medium makes it much easier for you to craft the right message, use the right tone, pick the right style that matches your target audience. This way, they are encouraged to do your desired action.
Increase website traffic
Videos, in general, are a powerful medium when it comes to generating more traffic. It is more attempting to click, so it can increase the click-through rate (CTR). Placing a well-crafted video on your website will boost your online presence since it allows you to sit on the top pages of the search engine’s result page.
One thing you need to remember here is that only SEO-friendly explainer videos will bring more qualified traffic to your website. So, you need to make sure that you optimize your video. Here are some essential points you should pay attention to while optimizing your explainer video:
- Use keyword-based titles and descriptions
- Add transcripts
- Make it mobile-friendly
- Create engaging thumbnails
Convey brand message effectively
Some businesses are struggling to get their complicated brand messages across to their audiences. Too much information can overwhelm them, while too little information isn’t enough to make them understand their product better.
In that situation, explainer videos help you highlight only important information and eliminate any fluff that can confuse your audiences. Not to mention the fact that explainer video helps convey some factors that plain text cannot (e.g., emotion and personality) and also speeds up the explanation of visual concepts.
Easy and quick to produce
Thanks to the internet and the rapid growth of technology. Now, you can create your own explainer videos by yourself without investing in professional explainer video companies.
Using tons of tools out there, you should be able to create them from scratch. Most explainer video maker software also offers you ready-to-use templates, so you can still produce your explainer videos even without any design skills.
Creating your explainer videos: Best Practices
Not every explainer video delivers you the results you hoped for — only those well-crafted ones. Here are some quick tips to make sure you create a high-performing explainer video.
- Keep the video short and sharp. The ideal length for an explainer video is two minutes. After the two-minute mark, the audience will easily get distracted and wouldn’t be able to retain your message effectively.
- Highlight benefits, not features. By highlighting the benefits of your product or services, it will make your explainer videos less hard-selling. It also helps you to show the audience that you care about them and want to help them solve their problems.
- Take a stab at humor. One of the best things about explainer videos is that you can infuse emotion and personality into your content. You can take a stab at humor that matches your audiences to create top-in-mind awareness.
- Invest in professional audio. Your explainer video audio quality is just as important as your visuals. So, make sure you invest in high-quality background music or a microphone (if you use voice-over) to create a perfect complement for the visuals.
In our fast-paced world of endless content, getting quick facts or a quick overview of something is preferable for most customers. Thus, explainer videos can be a powerful tool to deliver your messages flawlessly. With some reasons and best practices, you understand why you should incorporate this engaging type of video and what you need to bring to the table when creating ones for your business.